Jani Miller, CTC, DS, LS
Interests & Specialties
Jani Miller joined Central Travel in 1977 due to a passion for travel and she hasn’t stopped traveling since! She specializes in the following areas:
* Adventure Travel
* Africa – East & South
* Health & Fitness
Jani Is located in the Heatherdowns Blvd office in Toledo and can be reached at 419 897-2070 ext. 110. 800 633-5577 ext. 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to being a Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), Ms. Miller holds a Destination Specialist certification for Africa, is an Adventure Travel Lifestyle Specialist, a Certified Lifestyle Specialist for Golf, an Azamara Platinum Globe Travel Professional, a Uniworld River Cruise Specialist, a Langham Hotels Specialist and has completed Lindblad's LEXpert course and the Seabourn Academy of advanced luxury-travel-industry training. She has been listed as one Travel+Leisure’s A-List Agents for the past 9 years as a golf specialist. Locally she is a member of Stone Oak Country Club and the Toledo Women’s Golf District Association.
Some of her favorite golf destinations include:
- Aviara Golf Club, Carlsbad CA, Named by Golf Digest and Golf Magazine as one of the best resort golf courses in America, and the #1 golf resort in San Diego according to the readers of Condé Nast Traveler. Stay at the Park Hyatt Aviara!!
- St Regis Princeville, Kauai HI, with the newly renovated Robert Trent Jones Jr. Makai Golf Club - a must play!
- Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma Bahamas featuring Greg Norman's award-winning Emerald Reef Golf Club.
- The Lodge at Sea Island which features 54 holes of extraordinary championship golf.
- Puerto Vallarta which features several great golf venues including the Four Seasons, Punta Mita and the new Marival Residences which offers free unlimited golf green fees at the Vista Vallarta courses and the Marina Vallarta course
- Capella Pedregal or Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo SanLucas wih golf at Cabo Real, Cabo del Sol and Querencia which is the area's only private course.
- The island of Lanai is a golfer’s dream with The Experience at Koele and The Challenge at Manele Bay and The Lodge ay Koele is just the best!
- The Ritz Carlton Kapalua Resort, one of the few in Hawaii to offer three 18-hole championship layouts - The Bay, The Village and The Plantation.
- The White Witch in Jamaica – stay at The Ritz, Half Moon or Round Hill.
- Torrey Pines Lodge where you received guaranteed tee times at both the North and the South course.
- Bermuda – stay at Cambridge Beaches and play Mid Ocean Club, the new Belmont Hills, Port Royal, Riddell’s Bay and St George’s Golf Club.
- The Ritz at Amelia Island - play The Golf Club of Amelia Island, Fernandina Golf Club, Osprey Cove, and Royal Amelia Golf Links.
- The Gleneagles Hotel which features the challenge of the King's, the secluded charms of the Queen's, or the nine hole Wee Course. The exceptional PGA Centenary Course designed by Jack Nicklaus is the venue for the 40th Ryder Cup matches in 2014.
- The Homestead in Hot Springs which features The Cascades Course, The Lower Cascades, and The Old Course.
- The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island which is a golfer’s paradise with five competitively designed master golf courses.
- The Grand Del Mar Resort in San Diego
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in southwestern PA
- Ocean Dunes and SeaLinks Golf Club in Phan Thiet, Vietnam
- I hosted a golfing group to South Africa in March of 2006. The group played The Links at Fancourt, Pezula, Gary Player Country Club at Sun City and Arabella. South Africa has some of the best golf in the world!
My Recent Trips
In April of this year we spent a week at the beautiful Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad, CA. Located just 30 minutes north of the San Diego airport this is a great resort for active clients. Originally built as a Four Seasons in 1997, Park Hyatt took over the management if the property in 2010.
The rooms are spacious – lowest category starts at 540 square foot. Room rates are driven by the view - the Panoramic View King is well worth the extra cost.
• acclaimed dining (expensive but excellent)
• full-service spa
• fitness center (huge)
• Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course (one of the most beautiful we've seen - an avid golfer would be happy playing this course several days in a row)
Approximately 90% of the original Four Seasons staff stayed with the Park Hyatt. Service was exceptional. Not a weak link – everyone was professional, yet fun and genuine.
La Jolla was only 20 minutes south – great little town to shop and dine in. The clothing stores are unique boutiques with surprisingly reasonable pricing. The town of Carlsbad is right on the ocean and worth seeing. Recommended restaurant is www.vigiluccis.com – ocean view dining with outdoor seating.
I would recommend this property to couples, families (Legoland and Seaworld nearby), destination weddings, and corporate groups.
In September of 2012 we took a custom safari with A&K Southern Africa to Zambia, Botswana, Okavango Delta and a private reserve in Kruger National Park, South Africa. The trip was amazing! We stayed primarily in Sanctuary lodges with the final stop at Singita Lebombo in Kruger. This was our 6th trip to Africa and we wanted to explore areas not previous visited.
A few highlights:
• We choose Zambia to see Victoria Falls and Sussi & Chuma was a delightful surprise. Loved the luxury tree houses (just 12), the activities (riverboat safari, walking safari, Vic Falls, canoeing rapids on the Zambezi River) and dining. Our guide, Chris was excellent.
• Chobe Chilwero has been considered ‘the best of the best’ for years. More of a luxury experience with just 15 thatched cottages (w/ AC). Accommodations were outstanding, great Spa. Game drives are in the Chobe Natl Park in 4X4 vehicles. Good game viewing but cannot leave trails and must be out of park by 6:30pm.
• Chief’s Camp was truly an authentic experience. Just 12 secluded, permanent bush pavilions with screens (no AC) great thatched porch, sand walkways and indoor/outdoor shower. This camp is not fenced in so elephants were frequently walking around. The guides are encouraged to have meals with the guests – really liked this.
• We saved Singita Lebombo for last. The main lodge has just 15 Cliffside rooms (#5 and #4 are the best). We also looked at Sweni which has just 6 rooms overlooking the river. Sweni is a good choice for families - romms offer 2nd bathroom. Outdoor sleeping can be arranged. We experienced a boma, winetasting w/ Sommelier Henrico van Lill and dinner in the bush (a la carte). Singita provides a guide (Anthony) and a tracker (Solomon) which helps tremendously in sighting the animals. We were encouraged to have them join us for dinners – a wonderful experience! A private reserve allowed us to stay out after dusk and track animals in the evening. Brand new Land Rovers, excellent spa and extensive gym.
|Tammy Phillips, DS, LS, CTA|
|Mary Gillingham, DS|
|Kathy Braker, LS|
|Marilyn Knowles, LS|
|Valerie Sondergeld, CTC, LS|
|Sarah Rosenberger, CTA, DS|
|Jani Miller, CTC, DS, LS|
|Joy Hammer, CTC, DS|
|Dianne Cordell, DS, LS|
|Amy Stewart, DS|
|Karen Olson-Vermillion, LS|
|Holly Lewandowski, CTC, DS|
|Carol Hudson, CTA, DS|
|Paula Schwegler, CTA|
|Joy Oelke, LS|
|Beverly S Rother, CTA, ACC, ASA|